Being pregnant is a the most beautiful experience!
It can also be a scary, emotional & confusing experience. But if ever there were a time to try to be the healthiest you can be for that little human inside of you, it’s now!
This is my second time around – Currently, I’m 35 weeks pregnant. I have always been an advocate of living a healthy lifestyle. So making sure that I continued to put healthy products on my skin and more importantly, inside my body, was just something natural for me.
I would like to share a few extra products (Dr. approved) that have been essential during (and after) my pregnancies.
*Please check with your Doctor regarding any products that you would like to add to your healthy regimen.
1. Aloe Vera: aloe is great to help keep me regular (if you know what I mean). During pregnancy we can have “difficulties” in that area sometimes, & drinking aloe every night before bed helps keep things moving.
2. Organic Chlorella Powder: chlorella is great in removing toxins from the body, and it enhances your immune system. I add a scoop in my morning or afternoon smoothies.
3. Echinacea: when you feel a little cold coming on, take echinacea drops! Echinacea helps to boost your immune system. And because pregnant woman really can’t take medications, take these drops at the first sign of a cold to help stop or lessen the effects – the natural way.
4. Prenatal Vitamins (Duh!): With out question, if you do nothing else – take your vitamins daily! Prenatal vitamins help fill the gaps in your nutrition. The New Chapter-Perfect Prenatal I take is the best, in my opinion! The vitamins are made from organic vegetables & herbs. These vitamins claim to be gentle on the stomach & that you can even take them on an empty stomach. I can honestly say, with having taken these during my pregnancies, they have never made me nauseous.
5. Wheatgrass Drink Powder: These single serve packets are great for adding to your morning smoothies, or taking on the go. Wheatgrass is among one of the most powerful natural detoxifying agents. In fact, it has been said that just about one ounce of wheatgrass is equivalent in nutritional value to more than 2 pounds of leafy green vegetables! Wheatgrass contains more than 90 minerals, including potassium, calcium, magnesium and sodium as well as essential enzymes and 19 amino acids.
6. Water (with Lemon): It’s essential to keep hydrated during pregnancy. We need to drink more water to prevent dehydration. Dehydration can lead to a many health issues like, dizziness, nausea, headaches and constipation.
I hope these products help you whether you’re expecting, or not.
Share with me your favorite products in the comments.